Our home is officially located in the friendly Park View neighborhood of Washington, DC, but many people think of it as a quieter residential section of the hip Columbia Heights and Petworth neighborhoods, which are home to dozens of new restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and boutiques. We are located about 0.6 miles from the Columbia Heights metro station (~12-minute walk; Green/Yellow line), about 0.4 miles from the Petworth metro station (~8-minute walk; Green/Yellow line), and near to several bus lines on Georgia Ave. In addition, Capital BikeShare, Uber, Lyft, Yellow Cab, Car2Go, ZipCar, and an Enterprise Rent-a-Car are all within a few blocks.
We are a 3-minute walk to the nearest coffee shop (Colony Club), a 1-minute walk to Wangari Gardens and McMillan Reservoir Park, a 5-minute walk from the restaurant rows and neighborhood bars on Georgia Avenue and 11th Street. Roll down the hill on your bike directly to Shaw. We closely border Howard University, Washington Hospital Center, and Howard University Hospital.
Learn more on AirBnb's Guide to Park View!
Our favorite places nearby:
- for coffee & working: Colony Club, Coupe, Compass Coffee
- for the coffee itself: Harrar Coffee & Roastery, Qualia Coffee
- for cocktails: Union Drinkery, The Gibson, Room11, Petworth Citizen & Reading Room
- for day-drinking: Dacha Beer Garden, Midlands Beer Garden
- for cheap beer: The Raven
- for trivia night: Looking Glass Lounge
- for dancing: Town Danceboutique, Wonderland Ballroom
- for food: Meridian Pint (comfort food), Coupe (brunch), Salt & Pepper Grill (Indian), RedRocks (pizza / pasta), El Chucho (tacos)
- for foodies: Kapnos Taverna (Greek), Lupo Verde (Italian), Bad Saint (Filipino), Thip Khao (Laotian)
- for dinner & a movie: Declaration (gourmet pizza), Atlantic Plumbing (indie movies)
- for food delivery: Boli's (pizza), Wok & Roll (Chinese, sushi)
- for exercise: OffRoad Indoor Cycling, Yoga District, Dance Institute of Washington, Dance Place, Dunbar HS Indoor Aquatic Center, Banneker Outdoor Pool, Washington Sports Club